fredag 1. mars 2019

GD Kreativ Tanten Challenge. Fairytales.

I have been invited to GD for the Kreativ-Tanten Challenge  
The them for the challenge is Fairytales.
 Use the link to go to the challenge blog and get inspired by the DT, an link up your  work.

This is a mixed media card that I came up with for the challenge.
This fairytale is named Espen Askeladden(and the princess that could not be out withed)  It is from the most common collection of fairytales in Norway. Link to the fairytale and english translation


The story is about a poor peasant boy witch after much hardship always
 win the Prinsesse and half the kingdom:) The print is from an old book
 with nursery rimes that I got from a flee market. It inspired me to make a 
dreamy misted mixed media background.


All the words on the back ground are from Rubber Dance.
 I have used acrylic paints and gold mist, black gesso and 
archival ink


The inside have a writing area and left over paper from the front
 that can be used as a pocket for a gift card.


I grew up with my father and grandmother telling me al the 
old fairytales so I do think about old books and mostly black
 and with drawings  rather then the Disney versions :)


I love the way fairytales are told from generation to generation.
 It is a great way to develop your imagination.


Thank you to the DT for having me as a guest! 


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar