torsdag 13. april 2017

Utfordring 88 hos Scrapping 4 Fun: Knapper og Sløyfer



I've been lucky to be allowed to be a GD for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge 88: Buttons and Bows. I chose to make a bouqeut of spring flowers using buttons for centers, and I've been wanting to use some patterned papers with bold, fun, hippie-ish flower prints. The prints have delicate enamel details, which unfortunately do not come thorugh too well on the pictures... Some might prefer there to be some text on the front, but I like making cards that are veratile enough to be used for different occations.


I've used a light green and light blue frame to make the flowers pop
as much as possible. To enhance the effect even more
the flowers are attached using adhesive pads,
double for the flowers in front and single for the flowers in the back.

I chose a black background despite it certainly not being a traditinal
spring color! The flowers looked much better on black
than on a light background. I've cut each flower from the
 patterned paper and glued on some of my favourite buttons.



The stems are made of twisted cotton threads,

and I used to slim satin ribbons in different shades of green for the bow.


Here you can se some of the enamel detail on the flowers.
It’s as good as impossible to get a picture without too many reflections..


All the buttons have different colors and textures.


The inside is quite simple with a writing area and a pocket for a giftcard
or money. I cut the flowers from the edge of the paper
where they where cut off anyway. I attached the pocket all the way on the
edge to make use of the flowers. A great way to use scraps.


I left the ribbons on the bow with loose tips so they can "flutter in the wind" :)


Thank you very much for the opportunity to be a GD
on this exiting Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge. It's been great!
Ingunn.

Product list:
Black Bazzil.
Light blue and light green from a sample-paperpad.
Patterned paper from Cloud 9 design.
Cotton thread from Rayher.
Satin ribbon from Nille.
Buttons from my treasure chest :) Unknown brands.




1 kommentar:

  1. Love your great card! Wonderful flowers and design.
    Mar :)

    SvarSlett